Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TV Pumpkins/ The Not So Spooky

The Addams Family (1964-1966)

 First came the fabulous TV show about a--how shall I say this?  Unusual family, yeah, I'll go with that!  Then again there's Pugsley, I always thought he was the normal one.  But I'm sure if you asked any of them, they'd call you weird.  The irony makes it so funny.  Any-who... the iconic show lasted 2 seasons (64 episodes) and you might be all too familiar with this:
The Addams Family (1991)
  

Addams Family Values (1993)
I'm young and the films were my first introduction to this eccentric family so naturally I love them more!!  Both film's plots have a focus on Uncle Fester, which I don't mind in any way.  They are stupendously funny!  I love the the second film so much more though and for two reasons.  One: the kids are sent to summer camp with the most Wonder Bread of kids you can imagine!  And you really do believe that Wednesday and Pugsley are the normal ones, or at least I did!  Two: Joan Cusack!  She delivers the stellar performance of a gold digging/mass-murdering seductress! 

Overall, great show, great movies!  Go out and watch some of it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment