Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Horror Files: Zombies

It's alive...again.
I have to tell you, I love and adore zombies ( I won my first costume contest dressed as a zombie). This might just be one of my favorite Halloween themes!
Night of the Living Dead (1968):  I know there were some that existed before this, but the film really paved the way for the genre officially starting.  It also cemented George A. Romero into the business and obviously horror movie junkies are grateful.  But this film holds a special place in my heart for winning me free movie tickets.  I'll never forget you.
Dawn of the Dead (1978): Doesn't the tagline just say it all.  Once again this is George A. Romero and this time the zombies get some color.

There's a long line of zombie films all attached to George A. Romero (we get it, you are nothing like your friendly image when it comes to making movies), and I'm sure they're good but I have yet to see them. (Don't egg me, please, don't)

There are more zombie films to come, but I found them befitting of other categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment