Sunday, October 30, 2011

Modern Days, Modern Ways

So, if you learned one thing this month it's that I really love horror movies!  Something that I don't love too much are modern day horror movies, but occasionally there are a diamonds in the rough.  Walk with me? (Are we going to walk through this blog post? No.  But I've always wanted to say that.)
Here are horror films that I've enjoyed  since the year 2000.
The Others (2001): Horror got its roots from the gothic and this film just oozes with the gothic.
28 Days Later (2002): This is not the Sandra Bullock movie!  Stunningly scary.
The Ring (2002): I still have to ask myself if I want to watch the ending without my hands over my eyes.
Saw (2004): Jigsaw gives his victims choices.  Now that's just insane, but it works.
Wolf Creek (2004): If you ever want to call it predictable, its many twists and turns won't allow you to do that.
Hostel (2005): I never knew how squeamish I was until  I watched Hostel.
Paranormal Activity (2007): Slow and steady wins the race.
The House of the Devil (2009): A nice helping of 80s horror, and a dash of Rosemary's Baby equals perfection.
The Last Exorcism (2010): You'll be asking lots of questions and I mean that in the best way possible.
Let Me In (2010): Very beautiful.  Is that odd?  Watch it and tell me differently.
Insidious (2011): Absolutely terrifying. Absurd plot, but oh man does it work! Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" is the scariest song ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment