Friday, October 7, 2011

Spooks and Beats: Dead Man's Bones

I believe I've told you about Ryan Gosling's little band before, and I shall tell you again in more detail.  Why?  Because their music is geared for my favorite month! The music is dark but very catchy all the same.  The music get's chillier with the help of the Silverlake Conservatory of Music Children's Choir, and it absolutely works!  The kids add more pizzazz as if the music need anymore, what with Gosling's deep voice and all.  Believe me if you think it will be the same ol',  same ol' that actors turned musicians turn out, it is not! It's way too quirky too be like any of that. The following are a list of songs that are most befitting of the holiday:


In the Room Where You Sleep The lyrics can be a bit eerie but it's oh so catchy, it's also the first single they released and when I first discovered them.  And I do believe he is in the room where I sleep.

My Body's a Zombie for You Really? The title didn't convince you of it's Halloween capabilities? Also, this is perhaps my favorite song featuring the choir.

Lose Your Soul "I get up in the morning, put my dreams away..."  That just seems awful, sad, and chilling.  Not the most obvious of the bunch, but I think the darker lyrics put them in my list.

Werewolf Heart Once again, really?  Trust me, it's better than you think it would be with that name.

Buried in Water It's slow, but it packs a mean punch.

On a side note, my favorite song from the band is Pa Pa Power, but I sort of didn't know if it was the best representation of their eeriness.

No comments:

Post a Comment