Sunday, October 30, 2011

Remakes and Legacies

Remakes are plain and simple, more often than not they should never be done! 
By Legacies I mean sequels,prequels,trilogies,etc.
Halloween Legacy
The first one came out in 1978 and it is still the best.  It can still induce some goosebumps.  Part 2? I can't stand it.  I'll admit I kind of like where it picks up for a bit, but after that I want to rip out my eyes.  My brother on the otherhand likes it, so you have two perspectives now.  Part 3? What the hell was that?! Amen if you've never been able to finish it!  Part 4?  Kind of cheesy but it breathes new life into this legacy.  Part 5? Still better than 2 but just not that great.  Everything else?  Please, make it stop!!
Halloween Remakes
I've only seen the first of Rob Zombie's rendition and I'm not really a fan.  I respect the fact that Zombie really wanted to get into the mind of the famed serial killer (who wouldn't).  However, the film lacks the spark of the originals.  It almost felt like I was watching two very different films with the first half and the second half of the movie, and that's not something I like here.  But hey, I know a lot of people that do like the film, so just watch it and get your own opinion of it.
Friday the 13th Legacy
I really like the first part because I understand the motives of the killer and it's really creepy.  The second part I like because it's our first taste of Jason as a killer.  The rest? Should never have happened.
Friday the 13th Remake
Jason runs?  Yeah, I don't think so!!
A Nightmare on Elm Street Legacy
I only love the first one! But I do like Wes Craven's New Nightmare (what part is that exactly? I lost count).  New Nightmare is fresh compared to all of the other sequels.
A Nightmare on Elm Street Remake
Why did you have to do this Jackie Earle Haley?! You're such a gifted actor!  I was initially excited when I learned that you were the one going to take the spot of Freddy, but...I don't even want to talk about it.
Scream Legacy
I love you Wes Craven! I don't like the third film, but all is forgiven.  I love the others, I mean that! They don't make me cringe in any way.  Might I love Scream 2 over Scream?  I have this debate with myself all time! Still not sure.
Dawn of the Dead Remake
I love this film! I know many fans will tell you otherwise but the zombies run! They run, like I always knew they should! 
Saw Legacy
Wow! I just wish you didn't keep turning out films.  The first 2 films are impeccable, the rest? You don't really need them but maybe you'll get sucked in.  All I have to say is that when this film first came out, it was breathing new life into the serial killer horror genre.
Paranormal Activity Legacy
I don't know...this might just be turning into a Scream thing.  I love Scream and I don't feel that all the sequels have shamed it.  PA was excellent, just the right amount of scary. PA 2 was also good.  PA 3 was unbelievable.  If you want an intense amount of chills you should definitely be watching this one! It might just be the best thus far.
I'll stop here.  Obviously there are others, but I just don't have that kind of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment