Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Joe Brooks

As you may or may not know, us little squirrels love us some British accents, so allow me to introduce to an independent singer-songwriter i discovered about a year in a half ago, Joe Brooks.

Joe Brooks is originally from the UK and I discovered him as he was one of the related videos Youtube recommended to me. I was bored so I decided to click, and I had a nice pleasant surprise. He is just one of those guys that sits down with his guitar and sings some wonderful tunes. This is what I first saw of him, and the only "official, professional" video he has.


This is what I thought as I saw this.

1. Whoah this guy is cute.
2. Whoah he has a nice voice.
3. Aw this song is kinda cute.
4. Aw he's drinking tea.
5. I like this I need to do more research on him

So I did do more research, and I discovered he had an album out called Costellation Me. His songs make me happy, and put me in a good mood. I like that he is literally indie. For his new EP, "A Reason to Swim", which came out just this Tuesday, he made it out of donations he received from fans and whoever donates would receive the EP before it was released on itunes. He even gave the cape, tennis shoes, and glasses, he wore on his 'Superman' video to three donators.

He posts a lot of youtube videos of him singing and keeping his fans up to date with his music. He seems super sweet, with an amazing accent and voice. He has been able to accomplish quite a bit of fame online, and has even performed at the Roxy and in Korea! But he mainly performs in very small vanues. I dream of one day paying a full $10 (which is what his tickets usually sell for) and see him live.

And this is just him performing. He's very cute.


By: Mariela!

No comments:

Post a Comment