Friday, August 12, 2011

Why Didn't I Get the Hello Kitty Memo?!






I first want to say that I am not here to rant on Hello Kitty or anyone that loves it.


With that said, let me move on. I don't get it! I honestly don't. I can pass by the Hello Kitty section of Best Buy all the time or the Sanrio store without dying over everything. There are so many other girls that can't do that, so instead of ranting on them, I ask the important question. Is something wrong with me?


When I was about 8 years old McDonalds did this cool Hello Kitty plush collectibles thing; I'm not sure if they came with the happy meal or if you had to pay extra for them, but my mom started getting them for me (I only have one left for some reason). I thought they were super cool, but now that I look back at it, it wasn't because of the famed white cat. I just thought it was super cool to collect something.


I don't want to hear the "you're just trying hard not to like it" phrase either because that is just the complete opposite of me. Ask my brother, and if he actually listens to me, he'll tell you that I always say "I wish I loved Hello Kitty." I say that almost every time I pass the Hello Kitty section. Because I do want to love it! I want to love the mini fridge, the microwave, key chains, key boards, headphones, etc. I honestly do because I love to geek out (I can quote Rowling in my sleep), and that's the spectrum that I put the fans of the cat in. [I actually have mad respect for the toaster, and I'd like mine to say "Pop Pop!" (Community) or have the Hogwarts Crest].


If you're reading this and think I'm, how the kids say these days, "just hatin'", well then you've completely missed my point.


I want to join in with y'all and say ther her (is she a she, I honestly don't know) stuff is so cute. I used to pretend that I was super into it because everyone else was at a certain time in my life. I actually wish now that something had triggered then when I was pretending, but sadly it didn't. Why haven't the Hello Kitty gods truly opened me with open arms? If you know why, please tell me!



Signed Desperately Seeking the Answers as to Why I Didn't Get the Memo

No comments:

Post a Comment