Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Laundry Wars

Here's the dealio, I live with my parents and brother in some apartment/condo situation. I'm totally cool with that. I have never had a realy problem with it up unitl recently.


If you live in apartments or maybe you dorm, you know that there are not nearly enough washers and dryers for the number of tenants. There is a lot of waiting involved so if you want your stuff done quickly you best be an early bird. I decided to do afternoon laundry today. No big problem on a Tuesday, right? Wrong! Sometimes someone else is ther, okay often someone else is there. But if they are not using the other washer, it is fair game, emphasis on fair because that's how I'd rather play in such a game.

Well not everyone plays fair unfortunately. Sometimes, you might want to ensure that you get your laundry done first. Sometimes you will wait in there to scare the other person off, which works. That's a method I can deal with actually because at least it is semi-fair.

Sometimes you leave your underwear in the dryer so that when someone else's load finishes first you get it anyway. This is a method I can't deal with. Why?! It's distasteful. You know that either somebody would not want to touch it or would feel too embarrassed to telly you "sorry, I had to take your stuff out so that I may dry my clothes." (Embarrassing because you both know what the "stuff" is). Also, I'm not so sure that they were clean.

Am I a pushover, rightfully disgusted, or was I a too kind person that didn't want to lose their temper? My vote is on the last two.

Seriously if you want the dryer, and you know that your clothes will not be done washing before the other person, you either let them have it or wait in the laundry room. Don't resort to cheap methods like leaving your maybe, dirty underwear in the dryer, this isn't politics. It's laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment