Monday, August 8, 2011

Let's Talk Fashion: Episode 1

Today i will talk about a fashion trend that I have loved ever since I started caring about what guys wear. I introduce to you the bow tie and suspenders combination.

I do not know why I love it so much but it must be my obsession with anything that reminds me of a classic 1950's or 1960's (when men actually wore suits on a daily basis) look. Or maybe its the fact that it has a nerdy "connotation" to it. Point is I am convinced that this look makes 95% of guys look like a 10. (Let's be real here, I think I could mention some guys that would NOT look cute in this outfit...on the top of my head I think of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson).

When we live in a world where some guys wear basketball shorts outisde of their home to go to school, (Like really? Please make an effort to get dressed. Last time I checked it was not so hard to put on some jeans. The only exception is if you just had basketball practice or just worked out), it makes me glad that there are some guys that have a bow tie in their closets or at least have worn one in their lifetimes.

I guarantee you this trend will never go out of style. I dream of a world where guys will walk around wearing bow ties and suspenders and opening the door to every young lady, while making conversations about history and literature.

By: Mariela!

No comments:

Post a Comment