Monday, August 22, 2011

Gilmore Girls & My Favorite Character

I have been re-discovering my love for Gilmore Girls this summer. I started watching this show during my early teenage years, but unfortunately I never had the opportunity to see the earlier seasons until recently. Although this show has a lot of loveable characters: Sookie (the food obsessive cook), and one of my faves Tristan from season one, played by Chad Michael Murray. A character that will always be my all time fave is (drum roll) Jess, played by Milo Ventimiglia, also known from Heroes.


Jess comes to season 2 with a "bad boy" image, now I usually hate bad boys, I do not have a thing for them and do not find them attractive, but Jess is different. (Luckily for me he loses his bad boy image as the seasons progress). Any who, Jess is a "bad boy" with a quality that I and along with all of us little squirrels like in a man, he likes to read and references literature and music throughout his Gilmore Girls appearences.
This boy is amazing, he reads while he walks. Period. Now I am gonig to talk about some of my favorite Jess moments.

1. When he first meets Rory he "borrows" (not to say steals) a book from her book shelf. He later returns it and tells her he added some notes along the borders. That is the cutest thing. See, bad boy (steals), but how romantic is it to write notes on the side of a book. That just makes my bookish heart pitter patter.

2. Jess smokes. Yeah yeah I am not to excited about that but he totally reconsiders smoking when it means he might not kiss Rory. The conversation goes something like this:
Rory: Are you going to smoke that?
Jess: depends...
Rory: On what?
bla bla bla
then this......

And trust me he totally forgets about that cigarette.

3. There is also the time where he disappears for about a year, and Rory is heartbroken. He then returns, and after literally chasing Rory around Stars Hallow and a bit of witty argumentation, Jess just says "I love you" and walks away. Really Jess? What gives you the right to be so perfect and leave girls, especially Rory, speechless.

So I invite my fellow little squirrels and you to add in and comment on your favorite Jess episodes.

By: Mariela!

2 comments:

  1. I love all those scenes! One of my favorites is from the episode of the all day dance and Jess goes with the other girl to make Rory jealous and in the end Rory and Dean break up and Rory goes to the river/bridge/whatevers and Jess follows her and they get together. It is so cute. Oh! And when Jess buys Rory's basket and makes Dean mad. Hahaha. So cute.

    ReplyDelete