Monday, August 1, 2011

The Comeback of Ladies

"I love you Kristen! I love everything you do! I am exactly your height and you are representing short girls everywhere! I love you!"

That is something along the lines that I yelled to one of my personal heroes, Broadway star, singer, actress, Kristen Chenoweth. The thing is, that I had no idea I would ever ever meet her, yet alone get her response "I love you too!", as she attentively clasped her hands.

I call myself something of a conservative femenist, in the way that I still believe in chivalry and such things, but I think that celebrities out there such as Kristen are representing girls in a GOOD way.

And she is not the only one, women such as Kate Middleton, Zooey Deschanel, and Amy Adams, are showing little girls out there that partying is not the only way to get places, or become recognized. These girls are known for their accomplishments and not what they do on the weekends, or who their daddy is. That is what I call GIRL POWER.

Reese Witherspoon, for example, got accepted to Stanford, and Natalie Portman attended Harvard. And even Anne Hathaway attended New York University. And unlike other princesses before her, Kate Middleton conquered her prince's heart while she was majoring in Art History.

These women inspire me everyday. The thing is, the more women in the media change, the more young girls immitate their actions. The more these type of girls outshine the ones that are "famous for doing nothing", the more we can slowly grow into more of a positive culture.

As women we have the power of the world in our hands. I mean c'mon ladies we bring life into this world! How amazing is that. The possibilites are limitless. And who knows, while you are out there conquering the world you might even meet your prince charming.

As for me, I want make the same impact Kristen Chenoweth had on me, as in, "Wow this 4'11 girl can do this?!"

The power of making a difference is in our hands.

So here's a little preview of Kristen Chenoweth's amazing talent. Pretty amazing voice for a petite girl, don't cha think?


By: Mariela

No comments:

Post a Comment