Monday, February 13, 2012

Movie Mondays

Yes, tomorrow is Valentine's Day so I thought I'd blog about a film that was about love.  I'm feeling like a non-traditionalist today so my recommendation is Blue Valentine.

It's a great film so don't be too scared to watch it.  It's a realistic film about the courtship of a relationship, but unlike most films it even shows us the hardships.  But of course I can't really talk about the film without mentioning the performances.  Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams deliver two of the most raw performances of their careers.  The two actors completely immerse themselves and vibe off each other to bring their characters to life.  As tragic as the story of the film is, you can't but find it all so amazingly beautiful.

Now I don't necessarily recommend watching this as a date film unless you're absolutely confident in the relationship.  If you guys fight a lot, step away from this movie!  If you and you're significant other (or maybe you're single) appreciate good cinema then by all means, press play!

Enjoy. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment