Monday, February 6, 2012

Movie Mondays


This week I thought I'd recommend a personal favorite.  It was the one movie I had a hankering to watch last week and it's called Ghost World.  Yes it is based on the graphic novel by Daniel Clowes.  I love this movie because it feels insanely real.  I'm not gonna lie, for some reason I relate to the female lead.  Who am I kidding.  In my head I am a cynical mess that would love to speak every truth as it comes to my mind no matter how weirdly, bizarre or harsh it may be.  I'd love to wear masks for no reason at all, but if you've seen my twitter profile I clearly do it already.  I have crushes on the loner types.  And finally, I sure as hell would love to make out with Steve Buscemi! Just putting it out there.

It's one of the best movies ever made about a teenage girl, and you can quote me.  Specifically you can quote the fact that I didn't call this a teen movie because it is so far from it!  It stars Thora Birch and Scarlett Johansson and it is incredibly funny(it's actually very understated.  I also recommend it if you dislike extremely pretentious people!

No comments:

Post a Comment