Monday, January 23, 2012

Movie Mondays

I think there is obvious information being poured into my posts.  I love movies.  I love them with a burning passion, always have and always will.  So I thought I should start a segment where I recommend and discuss them.  I'll start off easy and engage myself to answer the age old question: are you an Audrey or a Marilyn.  Okay, it's not really an age old question, unless you think Mad Men is age old.
I am an Audrey!  Believe me, there was totes a time when I thought I was a Marilyn, but it was an uneducated answer.  I was supposed to love Marilyn, right?  Because growing up it seemed that everyone did love her.  I grew up for a few years not knowing who Audrey Hepburn was (or Marilyn).  So I educated myself.  I watched movies and I basically lost myself in a world where Holly Golightly plays "Moon River" and Jo gets what I would love to believe is the first full fledged geek to chic makeover in movie cinema.  I became an Audrey.  I won't knock or anyone that adores her because I've been there, but I'd love to hear a different answer the next time that I ask, "why do you love Marilyn?" other than "because she was gorgeous" or "because she's sexy."  Are we clear?
Here are some of my favorite Audrey quotes:
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible."
"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all."
"The most important thing is to enjoy your life--to be happy--it's all that matters."
"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it."
“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
“I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” 
My first recommendation is Funny Face.  It's a truly delightful film; it's lots of fun, which is what a movie should do for you.  It might just be my favorite Audrey film and it also stars Fred Astaire! Enjoy, tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment