Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Worm Wednesday

Let's talk about books!  I am not a voracious reader, but I do do it.  I have a weird relationship with books.  There will be months where I cannot concentrate and months where I want to do nothing but read.  I am currently in the latter phase and I am trying to squeeze in as many books as possible.

I'll begin with the last book I read, mostly because it isn't a genre I'll write about too often and only because I don't read it too often.  So here it goes:

My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me.  Hilary finds her ex-boyfriend's name in the discounted fiction section of Barnes and Noble, only to find out the book is all too reminiscent of her relationship with the author.  Kyle (said ex and author) completely immortalizes his, quote-on-quote, "fat-assed girlfriend."  Hilary recounts her hysterical and sometimes painful past with gay ex-boyfriends, cats, cancer, and broken vajayjays.  The catch?  You can find this book on the nonfiction shelf.  My disclaimer is that you might find yourself saying TMI, but at the end of the day, this is the true story of a woman that didn't know she was trying to find herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment